B specialty COFFEE
COLOMBIAN SPECIALTY GREEN COFFEE SUPPLIERS AND GROWERS
Serving US Roasters and Coffee Community since 2015
We are a small, dynamic, and highly specialized green coffee company with deep roots in Colombian coffee industry. Our operations focus on finding, selecting, processing, and exporting the best specialty green coffee from all regions in Colombia.
Our international group began operations in 2015 under the name of Benjamin Coffee Beans; since then, the journey has been very entertained and full of good experiences. In 2022 because of the aftermath of the pandemic and the volatility of green coffee prices, our operations were paused. In 2023 we have resumed our activity by creating B Specialty Coffee LLC, a joint effort between growers, our milling company, and the international commercialization branch. This new stage comes with many new coffees, innovative processes, new Colombian regions added, and the passion for this beautiful industry.
BCB history begins with the family of one of its founders, Luis M. Jaramillo.
Luis´ grandfather, Benjamin, was one of the pioneers of the coffee industrialization in Colombia during the 40´s and 50´s.
In 2023, Luis partners with the Restrepo family in Colombia to establish B Specialty Coffee.
B Specialty Coffee LLC, the new partnership, established in Miami, FL adds to BCB´s experience and positioning in the market, a couple of beautiful, higly technified farms in Colombia, our own milling facility and the knowledge and innovation capabilities of a highly trained coffee team in origin in charge of our quality lab and innovation department that strives to keep up the pace with the growing innovation in farm practices and processes within the coffee industry.
We have a privileged relation with a milling factory located in Chinchiná, Caldas, Colombia. The plant is owned and run by Invercafe, our strategic local partner. It is small but highly efficient, and designed to process specialty coffee. Invercafe has a well-equipped quality lab, and coffee trained professionals.
Through out these years, we have built a net of reliable, loyal, and close farms that offer many varietals and special processed beans. For them, our company has become “their international sales department”. We return to them good prices, well above the local cooperative prices, and offer them the benefit of stability
Invercafe besides its processing facilities, owns and operates a couple of coffee farms that grow and process very special coffees. Our close relation allows B Specialty Coffee to count on their production to offer our clients in the US the stability in supply and quality they look for.
We bring our coffees to market in many presentations, 70 kg, 35 kg, 60 Lb vacuum sealed grain pro in boxes. We are able to work special packing projects with our clients so that they can have their green coffee in the packing that better fulfill their needs.
Because of a win-win deal with Invercafe in Colombia, they grant us access to their quality lab equipment and highly trained personnel. We care about the quality and safeness of our beans from farm to market, all our imported micro lots are inspected and tested in origin and destination.
When you buy coffee, partner with us, or simply want to be an advocate of our values and principles, you are supporting a company and team that commits to:
* Selling coffee that is traceable to origin and is sourced from farms that receive a substantial bonus price over the local buyers; many of them receive financing and assured purchase through our local partner in Colombia.
* We and our allied companies treat our growers respectfully and fairly.
* Offer support and training to our allied farms to implement eco-friendly agricultural methods, and long-term sustainability practices of their cultivars and crops.
* Implement food safety and quality practices to give our customers peace of mind that our coffees meet accepted standards.
* Help our growers market their coffees internationally in many coffee destinations including USA, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
* Ensure our core growers a commercialization channel throughout the year.
* Strive to provide competitive prices and commercial conditions which help our clients and nurture long lasting commercial relationships.